Friday, April 30, 2010

Live The Dream

Do you remember back in high school and junior high when they would have career days and you would have doctors, lawyers, firemen, police officers, and so on come in and give a presentation about why their job is so awesome?  I would come home from school and proclaim that when I grew up "I want to be a fireman" or "I want to be Cookie Monster", which in my mind, would be the greatest job ever.  Can you imagine getting paid to eat cookies?

But no where in those presentations do I remember someone from the local cab drivers union coming in and talking about how great their job is.  Well, imagine my surprise when I drove past a cab the other day and it had a sign on it that said, "Now hiring cabbies.  LIVE THE DREAM".

I don't know about you, but when I was a kid, I never once said, "When I grow up, I want to be a cab driver."  Now that may be different if you were a kid growing up in maybe Pakistan, but here in the United States of America, we live in a land of opportunity.

So after reading that sign and letting out a good chuckle.....

I called the number and applied for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment