I'm starting to believe that Murphy is one of the friends that nobody in the group really likes and that he's constantly hanging around me, pushing his law into my life.
Note to self: Figure out how to get this Murphy Monkey off my back.
Since Spring has officially started, and the Home Owners Association (which I sarcastically refer to as, the Home Nazi Association) is breathing down my neck to mow the lawn, I decided to drag out the ol' lawnmower and go a few rounds around the house.
I pushed the primer button 5 times even though 3 is the recommended number, then pressed it 5 more times, just for good measure. Then, I yanked the starter cord as hard as I could. Now, anyone who has ever mowed a lawn before can tell you that the first 3 to 5 pulls on the cord are just warm-ups and that the lawnmower never starts during those pulls. So, I continued to pull and pull and pull and..... Whew! I was exhausted from pulling that thing over 25 times. Still nothing.
I went inside and asked my dad if he would be willing to give it a try, so Dad went outside and yanked it once... SNAP!!! The cord broke an inch from the motor. In essence, this was a pickle jar incident. I loosened up the jar enough for my dad to open it, but this wasn't a rewarding incident. As a result, I had to take apart the motor in an effort to try and reattach the cord to the motor. For over 45 minutes, I could not get the cord to go through the hole necessary in order to reattach the starter cord to the engine.
I gave up, which isn't like me when it comes to mechanics (just ask my fiance). So, if anyone wants a lawnmower, I now have one for sale. I'll sell it to ya for $20 bucks. You'll just have to get the starter cord replaced.
No comments:
Post a Comment